Sunday, December 12, 2010

So much to say, so little finger strength!

I have way too much to type about tonight, but a person can only type for so long before fingers begin cramping and eyes begin blurring....and my eyes STINK this week anyway so I MUST be short winded if at all possible!

First of all: visit to eye doctor on Friday. A good & bad thing. Good that I finally went....bad that I can still not see far away. SOMEONE HELP ME. Sheesh. Why are there no eye doctors in this family when I need them. Anywho. Hopefully we'll get that worked out and when I go back for my re-check this Friday, I'll leave able to see road signs!

Next: We are having a SUPER wonderful holiday season in our cozy new home this year! Absolutely not taking it for granted that God has blessed us with this perfect home and that while so many people around the world have nothing tonight while it's 20 degrees outside, I have a home, a warm cozy, spirit-filled, Godly home! Thank you God!

Third: Our advent activities are sooo much fun. We are by no means doing organized daily advent ritual time. But I "borrowed" some advent activities from some other moms (see previous posts) and have been using some of those, as well as creating our own! Examples include: polar express & hot chocolate night, root beer float night, making candy cane ornaments, painting our hands red & green & making handprints (the whole family did this, which I decided was a good way to watch how the girls hands grow from year to year), I bought a stamp nativity set and we did that and made a banner in which I should totally post a picture of b/c it's sooo cute, baking, going to the zoo lights in Memphis...the list continues. I also have checked out some awesome books from the library about Christmas & baby Jesus etc. Kennedy absolutely loves to read and sometimes I forget to nurture that. What a blessing to have a 2 1/2 year old who can't read enough books! *Note to self...read more books to Kennedy!!! So yea, we've been having a blast and I really love how involved Chuck is in all of this! He is eating it all up. He is a huge part of this, and without him being on board with all of the activities, it wouldn't be the same.

The best part of what we've been doing is the advent candle lighting stuff. Once again, no hardcore routine service or anything like that going on, but we're doing our best to actually do it with the girls and have all 4 of us involved which is quite the feat. Last Sunday we prayed for Chuck's cousin Robert in Dubai. He's Uncle Robert to Kennedy...and she adores him! We're going to be sending him a package in the mail and praying for him to be safe and not be lonely during Christmas time. Simple enough & very understandable for a 2 year old. We also adopted our nursing home pal for the season ( and probably we will visit her forever if it works out b/c I'm sure we'll fall in love with her :) ) Her name is Rose Ivory and we have not got to visit or meet her yet but we will this week and I cannot wait! We are gonna make her some goodies and go be a little light in her lonely life! Next week we'll be focusing on our Compassion child. His name is Marteny and he is from Haiti. Chuck and I "adopted" him before we were even engaged and have been supporting him I guess for more than 5 years now! Sooo cool!

I wanted to share an AMMMMAZING idea from one of the same gals I mentioned in my last blog. If you like to doing more giving than receiving and are trying to teach your kids to do the same, then check our Amanda's most recent post. Maybe you've read the book The King's Christmas List, if not, I haven't either, and I'm going to do my darndest to get the book and do what she did next year with my little bebes. I just think it is the greatest idea to buy gifts for children in other countries and I know for Chuck & I, that's what we want our kids to think about at Christmas time. What are more ways to give to others?! So check it out at impressyourkids.org.

Besides all of that!! We are still doing our ABC's and for a while, I had posted what we were doing with that. I know it benefits me to see what others are doing (as I always say) so I want to continue to share what we are doing as long as people want to read about it or borrow or store for future use! We are now on letter I. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I promise that my next blog will be catching up with those. However, fun sidenote, I have chosen the word "Inn" to be our special word this week. No room in the inn. Our scripture is Luke 2:7. Lots of more fun things in store as well! Can't wait! Gonna be fun.

Busy week ahead. Lots of parties and programs at our Mother's Day Out this week. I'll tell ya this much, this mama cannot WAIT to hear her little Angel singing Jingle Bells at MDO on Thursday! I may even make myself a t-shirt to wear to rep my girl!

Hope everyone's holidays are going great! Keep Him in mind. Always.

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment