Saturday, February 5, 2011

Supermom!!

Chuck woke up to leave at the buttcrack of dawn. The dog ran away when he let him out to pee. He luckily found the dog. Woke the girls up when he brought the dog in beating him & yelling at him. He left to go to Memphis. JulieAnne woke up crying with diarrhea. Figured out she can't drink whole milk. Had to do emergency bathing. Made breakfast. Skyped with Grammy. Ran the dishwasher. Shouted the poo out of the rug. Started making cupcakes for the birthday party. Discovered Kennedy dipping her finger into the cupcake batter. Later discovered Kennedy eating the Halls Strawberry cough drops I got for her. Laid both girls down to sleep by 10:30.

WHO'S TIRED???!!!! MEEE!!!!!

Yea so today's blog, (apologies for not blogging in FAR too long!) is about being a mom. I have this GIANT soap box that I brought in just for today's blog. So hold on while I climb up my ladder and get on it! Ready?

This blog is for MOMS!! I'm gonna tell you what?! Sometimes I get so down on myself about not working outside of the house. Or not being an A+ perfect mom or person in general. But today is about how awesome moms are. Period. Just for a few brief moments, take a step back and look at your life as a mom.

First of all, if you haven't ever thought this, think it now, YOU KEEP HUMAN BEINGS ALIVE! That is a huge stinking responsibility. I mean. Since the moment you got pregnant with your little one(s) you did every single thing you possibly could to care for them. That's a pretty big deal ya know. You grocery shop. When you grocery shop, you very carefully pick out things that your children, and family are going to like. You put gas in your car so that you can take your family wherever they need to go. You dish out money so that your children can go to school, have clothing, develop skills, gifts and talents. You tie shoes. Wipe noses and butts. Change diapers. Wash clothes. Put clothes away. Switch out clothes when seasons change. Buy new things when your child all of a sudden sprouts 2 inches. Keep running lists of what is needed in the house. Pay bills. Look for lost toys, shoes, socks, etc. Wash dishes galore. Run errands galore. Make doctor visits to keep your child healthy. Cook meals (or order them!) Make beds. Clean toilets. Brush little teeth. Give baths. Discipline. Teach right from wrong. Teach manners. Teach respect. Teach about Jesus. Take kiddos to church. Buckle seat belts. Wipe messes. Mop floors. Vacuum. And the list could go on for days. But the problem is, we hardly have time to take a step back to see all the amazing things we do as moms. We are "expected" to do those things. We might be considered _____ if we do not. But here's the newsflash....WE DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THOSE THINGS!!!! We daily make a choice to be a good mother and wife. We do those things out of love. There are mothers out there who are daily choosing not to do those things. Not to brush their kids teeth or take their children to the doctor or clean their house. Those are things that we as moms do because of love. And here's the second newsflash...WE ARE AWESOME FOR DOING THOSE THINGS!!!

Now I'm not being overconfident or cocky, or full of myself or anything like that. I'm just being plain honest. To be a good mother or wife is something that not everyone chooses to do, and to make that choice is an amazing thing. (If you're not a mom yet and are planning to be a mom one day, I'm making the assumption that you also will be a mother who does all of those things....so go ahead and consider yourself a part of this supermom blog as well!!!) Those things are not easy. People do not WANT to do those things. I mean, control and neat freaks aside, raise your hand if you look forward to cleaning toilets, scraping burnt junk off dishes and changing runny poo diapers???!!! oooo ME ME ME!! NOT!!

So if you're a mom who does those things, or is already past the phase of doing those things and are smiling on the inside as you watch your own children do them (mom! ;) ) then here's a giant message from me. YOU ARE AWESOME!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!! I crack up at Mother's Day. I firmly believe that every single day should be Mother's Day. Not a single day should go by without a thank you to us...who agrees? It feels good to be appreciated. Don't get me wrong. I know good and well that we don't do all of those millions of things to be appreciated. But I tell Chuck pretty often that I could never and will never get tired of hearing him say that I'm a good mom. We deserve to hear that every now and then.

It's hard. Very hard. But the other night I re-read Proverbs 31 and I'll tell you this...if my children & husband don't rise up and call me blessed, than I am a waste (vs 28). If I don't live my life to be like Christ in all ways, being a mother and spouse included, then I am wasting my life away daily. If my husband doesn't have full confidence in me (vs 11) than I don't even deserve to be a wife. If I am not at least making the effort to be like Jesus daily. Than I don't deserve the privilege of being in those roles. I'm not the best mom, and I'm definitely not the best wife. But I try. I fall and fail and everything else, but His grace is sufficient for me. It covers me afresh each day so that when I have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day....then I know I have a new chance tomorrow. As dirty and grungy as I may have been yesterday, today I am awakened with beautiful purest of white garments. Praise the Lord huh?!

I say all of this to give ya a boost. I know I sure as heck need a boost. So I've been boosting myself lately! I think that's ok. We all need encouragement! And if you are a mom, wife or soon to be or one day to be mom....then be encouraged. You're doing amazing! Way to make the choices to do what you do! From me to you, here's a pat on the back :) And if you have never checked out Proverbs 31, the wife of Noble Character then you should check it out, and if you have, but haven't in a while or a day even....then check it out again today and maybe every day!



Doing Hard Things for Him~

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment