Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Me I think I am.

So as I sit here watching SVU with my lovely husband...he is so totally trippin out about all these "purse" comments that have officially taken over facebook. Hmm...Not sure how I feel about all that but anyway. He's like thinking of what he would type as his status..."I like it in my back pocket." Is actually what he just said. Yea. He ain't right! lol. But seriously...next subject. I wrote this blog so that I could be me! Write about the things I do. The crazy things, the serious things etc. But today, I'm feeling a little bit proud of myself so I'm gonna write about that!

Kennedy and I are on week 2 of our Alphabet homeschooling sessions. Yea, I know, she's only 2 1/2 but hey, she loves to learn, and she's a stinkin sponge so I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to teach her about God :) All is going super well. She loves it, and so do I. This week is letter B, of course, and our scripture is Believe in Jesus, and you and your family will be saved. (A little watered down but not too much) She uses motions and says it, and also now knows our letter B song, which is a classic, if I do say so myself...The B-I-B-L-E! Hooray for old skool Sunday School songs. (I would sooo love it if everyone left a comment of their favorites. I'll make a playlist, and they might even be used for a letter of the week song!!) Today we also painted blue beans which we glued onto blue construction paper in the shape of a...yep...butterfly. Good fun day.

The highlight of my day however, was that I finally mastered the crochet baby beanie!! WOOP. I have been trying for a few weeks now to make a darn baby beanie, and every time it ends up a sock. Chuck so kindly told me that I needed to "increase my stitches or it will never get bigger. Duh." ug. So it finally worked out, and I have an adorable little brown beanie that I truly hope fits baby J's head, or I will probably cry :'( nah. But I will be sad. So yea! I felt pretty good about doing that. That little laminated tri-fold sheet from hobby lobby did a pretty good job teaching me to crochet. Along with the 1800 crochet you tube videos I watched. Lame. I know.

So that's it. My day in a nut shell! JulieAnne's first 2 teeth are cutting through! Gosh she will look sooo different with teeth. I love baby's teeth coming in....hate the side effects: diarrhea, screaming through the night, fussy, fever, clingy...must I continue?! Anywho. I am now about to fall asleep with windows open, next to the sexiest man alive :) Boy am I lucky?! Blessed is more like it. No matter how many little petty things happen throughout the day to stress me out...in the end, it doesn't get much better than this!

~Living the American Dream xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment